Monday, March 16, 2015

Jesse James ham radio the real story 14.313 mhz

December 18 2012 at 11am central time I was transmitting on 14.313 I heard a knock at the door.I opened the door and found 2 male subjects in suits.They spoke and said Jesse James I answered and said yes sir.Then they flashed there badges the one identified himself as Ron Ramage director of the Kansas City FCC office.He asked for my drivers license for ID which I handed him.He asked if I had a ham license which I said I did at one time.Then proceeded to ask if I like to play my guitar and banjo which I said certainly.Then they ask what bands I use which I told them 11 thru 75 meters.Then they asked where the call sign of KWTO came from which I spoke that I had borrowed from a local radio station AM 560 Keep Watch On The Ozarks Then the photo shoot started you would have thought it was a murder.With pictures being taken of my Kenwood TS 140 and mfg 949 c antenna tuner and my Realistic Navaho TRC 458 and Eagle tomahawk.Then we went to the yard where they took pictures of my Antron 99 and 700 foot of electric fence wire I had strung up in the trees.They then asked me to go in and key up my radio where then they took there electronic measurements.They then said I was in violation and would be receiving a letter in the mail and the agents left.February 2013 I received a letter in the mail stating I was issued a 10000 dollar fine and had 30 days to respond or pay up.I wrote them back and said I have not the money but could pay some.Within a week or 2 they called me up and needed my employment paper of where I work and pay stubs and also my tax papers which I sent in.They then called me back up and needed a years worth of bank records which I provided.Weeks later I then received a letter with a reduction of a 500 dollar fine.There Ya have it straight from the horses mouth 73 Jesse James

No comments:

Post a Comment